Gynomunal® vaginal gel is designed to be used in women to
alleviate symptoms such as vaginal dryness, itching,
burning, painful or uncomfortable intercourse, by enhancing
the body natural moisture. The aforementioned symptoms are
typical of atrophic vaginitis, condition due to low
oestrogen level as follows:
- During menopause (either physiologic or due to
ovariectomy, radiotherapy, or chemotherapy)
- After childbirth or during breast-feeding
- When using low-dosage oral contraceptives or
- Cigarette smoking
- Cessation of sexual activity
The product is formulated as a liposomal composition of
hyaluronic acid, hops extract and vitamin E:
Hyaluronic acid acts as vaginal moisturizer
by its ability to
retain and release water, allowing lubrication, protection
and elasticisation of vaginal mucosa.
Hops extract and Vitamin E
protect the vaginal microenvironment thanks to its
preservative and antioxidant activity.
Liposomes are spherical vesicles having at
least one lipid bilayer, being used as a vehicle for
prolonged water release.
Gynomunal® vaginal gel is intended to be used specifically by
women to alleviate symptoms such as vaginal dryness,
itching, burning, painful or uncomfortable intercourse, by
enhancing the body natural moisture. The product can also be
used in the perivaginal area as lubricant to facilitate
sexual intercourse, to protect vulvar-vaginal area or to
alleviate vulvar dryness.
- Do not use in case of hypersensitivity to anyone of the
- Do not use vaginal contraceptives while using
- Do not use Gynomunal® while you are on vaginal drugs or
using other vaginal medical device.
- The device (gel and applicator) is intended for a
personal use and must not be shared with other people.
- Use only the applicator provided in the pack.
- Do not use applicator if it is damaged or broken.
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use disinfectants or other cleanser to wash the
applicator but use only lukewarm water.
- Pregnant women should not use the cannula applicator.
Instead, squeeze the measured amount of gel out of the
applicator onto your finger. Carefully apply the gel
using your finger as far as is comfortable.
- This product is compatible with natural rubber latex and
with polyisoprene condoms, but not with polyurethane
Very rarely, transient, and reversible pruritus, pain and/or
burning at the application site in the area of the vagina
may occur. These phenomena may as well be part of the
problem of dry vagina itself.
Any serious incident related to the use of Gynomunal® should
be reported to the manufacturer and to the competent health
authority in your country.